Enjoy Easy Money?
- EPISODE 36 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 36 ~ SAVE MORE: Mattresses: Save Thousands By Buying a Quality Mattress Topper Instead of a Mattress
Americans spend 15-billion dollars a year on mattresses. The queen-sized models rated highest by Consumer Reports cost 13-hundred to 23-hundred dollars, but there are even some fancy mattresses that sell for 60-thousand dollars apiece! My guest calls that “shady” and says only the top 3 inches of the mattress really matter. That’s
- EPISODE 36 ~ GUEST POST: Mattresses: Don’t Fall For Expensive Mattress Gimmicks!
This week I talked about how to save money on a mattress. However, there are even easier ways to save, and that’s to not get tricked! My guest Omar Alachaboun started a mattress topper company called Kloudes, and he knows all of the ins-and-outs on not spending extra on a mattress while still having your dream bed.
Read more on saving on a mattress by
- EPISODE 36 ~ MAKE MORE: Side Hustle: How To Make Sure Your Side Hustle Doesn’t Conflict With Your Day Job
When we talk about “making more,” often we’re talking about a side hustle, an extra gig you do in addition to your day job to bring in additional revenue. Well, it’s important to make sure your day job and your side hustle don’t get in each other’s way.
Many thanks to Jenny Odegard of
- EPISODE 36 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Funds: Why You Must Search All 50 States To Be Sure You’ve Found Your Missing Money
Let’s talk about our find yours topic for today: namely the importance of searching ALL 50 states if you want to be sure to find all unclaimed money owed to you.
Yes, the states where you have lived are the top priority for a search, because unclaimed money is most often held in the state where the citizen lives or lived. BUT that is not always the case!
- EPISODE 36 ~ TOP TIP: You do NOT have 3 Days To Return a Car —Car Sales Are Final
Most car sales —new or used— are FINAL. Many people believe you have three days to return a car if you change your mind. It’s one of the most pervasive consumer myths and drives me absolutely crazy. A few rare and noble dealerships have begun allowing limited returns.
- CBS News Radio Listeners: Welcome! Here Are the Details and Links To Help You Save, Find and Make Money This Valentine’s Day
Every week on the Easy Money Podcast, I dig up clever, creative ways to
make more money, save big money and find your unclaimed money. My
CBS Valentine’s Special tips and tricks were just a sampling. I invite you to check out the podcast for so many more. Meanwhile, as promised, here are more details about how to save money on
- EPISODE 35 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 35 ~ SAVE MORE: Car Insurance: Shopping Around for It And Save $1000+
I like to save money on the boring things, so I have more for the fun things. And perhaps the most boring thing of all that we spend money on is insurance. Fortunately, with car insurance it’s possible to save BIG bucks just by shopping around.
- EPISODE 35 ~ GUEST BLOG: Car Insurance: Save More Than A Thousand Dollars By Spending A Few Extra Minutes Shopping For Auto Insurance
Although it’s a bit of a pain to shop for auto insurance, most consumers would agree that spending a few hours to save $500, $1,000, or more every year is worth the effort. Note that you don’t have to wait until your current policy term expires to take advantage of the savings you’d
- EPISODE 35 ~ MAKE MORE: Unboxing Videos: Earn Extra Cash By Opening Boxes On YouTube
Now it’s time for our “Make more” segment, and who would have thought that people can add thousands more to their income simply by opening boxes?
The global Unboxing trend is sweeping the web. With viewership growing by 57% over the past year, these short and simple videos are exactly what you might think: someone opening a box to reveal what’s inside. Unboxing categories are endless.
- EPISODE 35 ~ FIND YOURS: 401K: How To Find Your Missing 401K From An Old Job
And now let’s talk about our find yours topic for today: how to find your lost 401k plan from a former job.
If your old employer is still in business, chances are you can find your plan by contacting the company. But if the firm is no longer around, the Employee Benefits Security Administration —part of the Department of Labor— can help you with this.
- EPISODE 35 ~ TOP TIP: Avoiding Financial Failure By Being the “Hunter” Not The “Hunted”
Here is a Top Tip that I love. It’s my motto as a consumer, actually. Ready? “Be the hunter, not the hunted.” Sounds kind of weird, but let me explain. All sorts of bad things happen to us financially when we respond to those who come after us with their products and services.
- EPISODE 34 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 34 ~ MAKE MORE: Egg Donation: Earn Thousands While Helping Others Start A Family
oday, we’re going to talk about making money by making a life. Way back on Episode 2, we talked about being a surrogate mother. Today, I want to cover becoming an egg donor, which is less involved because you don’t have to carry a child, but more involved because you’re contributing your own DNA. My guest is named Candace, and she has donated her eggs 5 times resulting in the birth of 6 children.
- EPISODE 34 ~ GUEST BLOG: Are You Thinking About Becoming An Egg Donor?
Courtesy of Extraordinary Contraceptions
At Extraordinary Conceptions, we know that egg donations truly make a difference in the lives of others. We work with future parents around the world who are trying to conceive a child but can’t do it without the help of an egg donor like yourself. These parents are looking for potential
- EPISODE 34 ~ SAVE MORE: Tuition: Clever Ways to Save Money On a College Education
This is a follow up to MY last episode, number 33, where I covered unusual ways to MAKE money for college. If you can make more AND save more on college, you might just have it covered. Here goes:
- Fund an out-of-state 529. Many people don’t know that you can start a 529 plan in another state.
- EPISODE 34 ~ FIND YOURS: FDIC Insurance: How To Find Your Lost Money if Your Bank Went Under
Our find yours topic for today is how to locate missing funds held by the FDIC.
FDIC stands for Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The FDIC is the independent federal agency that insures banks. More specifically, it insures YOUR deposits in banks. The FDIC was established by President
- EPISODE 34 ~ TOP TIP: Pay By Phone: Why You Should Only Pay Over The Phone If You Initiated The Call
The other night I picked up the phone and it was my husband’s college calling to ask for money. We are big believers in education, so I had the patience to listen and I was sympathetic to the idea of donating. BUT, as I went to get my credit card, I suddenly realized I was about to break one of my own rules! Never buy anything or
- EPISODE 33 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 33 ~ SAVE MORE: Canceled Flights: App Gets You Compensation When Your Flight Doesn’t Go Right
Did you know that when your flight is canceled or delayed, the airline may owe you money? Problem is, you may not know when you’re leaving money on the table and it’s a hassle to do the claims paperwork. Enter an app that will keep track, send in claims and get you your money! It’s called “Service” and what a service it is!
- GUEST BLOG ~ 12 SECRETS ABOUT AIR TRAVEL YOU MAY NOT KNOW
From compensation for delayed flights to the cheapest days to book fares, we’ll cover all the secrets the airline industry doesn’t want you to know about (but we do!).
Be honest: How much do you know about air travel other than booking a flight, showing up with your luggage, and crossing your fingers that everything goes smoothly from there?
From hunting down the cheapest days to
- EPISODE 33 ~ MAKE MORE: Cash For College: 5 Ways To Make Extra Money to Pay Tuition
I want to talk about clever, creative ways to make more money for college.
1. My first idea: Cooperative Education
Cooperative education, also called co-op education, involves working full time at a company while also enrolled in college. Students can earn as much as $25 per hour (That’s roughly $50k a year).
- EPISODE 33 ~ FIND YOURS: Parking Tickets: Check Out San Francisco’s Method Of Refunding Overpaid Or Duplicate Parking Tickets
The City of San Francisco has unclaimed money for citizens and visitors who overpaid or paid duplicate parking tickets!
And that means other cities or counties could too! People overpaid San Francisco a total of 600-thousand dollars between 1995 and 2014. Oops! My hometown really blew it this
- EPISODE 33 ~ TOP TIP: Scammers: Don’t Fall For Scams That Will Cause You To Be Bombarded By More Scams!
If you buy a cheesy product or fall for even one scam, con artists will circle like vultures and try to get a piece of you. Once a scammer or an opportunist has your contact information, they’ll sell your name to other clever crooks for extra cash. Here are a few things to avoid if you don’t want to be bombarded by scammers: First, over-the-top catchphrases like “one in a million” or “specially selected.” Second, ads in dicey places like the back of a magazine, late night TV informercials,
- EPISODE 32 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 32 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Funds: Find The Lost Life Insurance Policies Left Behind By Your Loved Ones
This time I want to talk about lost life insurance policies left behind by loved ones who have passed on. People often tell me there’s no way THEY would have unclaimed money waiting for them because they are way too anal and organized to have left money lying around out there somewhere. And I always counter with the fact that if not you, then maybe a relative left money
- EPISODE 32 ~ MAKE MORE: Gift Card Exchange: 5 Ways To Make The Most Out Of Your Unwanted Gift Cards This Holiday Season
If you received gift cards this holiday season to stores that just aren’t your thing, they don’t have to sit unused in a drawer. You can sell them, exchange them, swap them, donate them and more. Let’s take those in turn:
- Sell it. There are two main websites where you
- EPISODE 32 ~ SAVE MORE: Buy Gift Cards: Why Pay Cash When You Could Buy A Discounted Gift Card, Instead?
Our save more topic for today, which may sound familiar if you’ve read the Make More blog post because now I want to talk about how you can SAVE money by BUYING People’s unwanted gift cards!
Yes! Why pay cash at a store, when you could, instead, buy a discounted gift card to that store?
- EPISODE 32 ~ TOP TIP: Warranty: Find Out Whether Your Product’s Warranty REALLY Lasts You A Lifetime
Here’s a Top Tip about YOUR holiday gifts: If any of them break, you should know that there’s no set legal definition of the term “lifetime warranty.” You probably assumed “lifetime” means your lifetime, right? Not always! Some weasely companies choose to interpret it as the lifetime of the
- EPISODE 31 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 31 ~ SAVE MORE: Cheap Vacations: Check Out These Tips To Take Trips For A Fraction Of The Cost
Whether you like to take lots of quick 3-day weekends or fewer but longer trips, there are clever, creative strategies for saving on travel. My guest is Chrissy Pate, who runs the savings website BeCentsable.net and co-wrote the book of the same name.
- EPISODE 31~ GUEST BLOG: Disney World: How To Magically Save Money
Are you dreaming of a Disney Vacation? Here are some great articles with tons of Disney tips and secrets to help you plan your dream Disney vacation and stay on budget!
- EPISODE 31 ~ MAKE MORE: Side Hustles: Why Teaching a Fitness Class is the Perfect Extra Gig
This week’s idea is to teach an exercise class on the side to make some extra money.
Here are my 12 reasons why teaching an exercise class should be your next side hustle.
- You ought to exercise anyway, so why not get paid to do it?
- You’ll be more likely to STICK WITH
- EPISODE 31 ~ FIND YOURS: Local Governments: Check Out This Town That’s Helping Citizens Find Their Missing Money
Let’s talk about our find yours topic for today: local governments that are doing a good job of letting people know about their unclaimed money.
Because, after all, it’s YOUR money, not their money. Some governments have tried to shorten the amount of time until an account is considered unclaimed to just ONE year, so that banks and brokerages have to turn the money over
- EPISODE 31 ~ TOP TIP: Gym Memberships: Sidestep Ironclad Gym Contracts That Take Big Cash Out Of Your Pocket
Here is a new year’s Top Tip: Avoid ironclad gym contracts that require big money up front and make it hard to cancel if you want buns of steel. Lots of people join gyms this time of year. And as with all future services contracts in which you make a long-term commitment and pay in advance, there are risks. Make sure you do your homework on the gym before signing a
- EPISODE 30 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 30 ~ MAKE MORE: Reward Cards: Use The Birch Finance App For Benefits Of Reward Credit Cards
One way to earn some extra cash or free stuff is by using a rewards credit card. BUT the diabolical problem is knowing which rewards credit card will benefit you the most. There are so many options and variables it’s hard for the human brain to compute the best deal. Enter an ingenious app called “Birch Finance” which does the
- EPISODE 30 ~ GUEST BLOG: 8 Awesome Apps to Save Money this Holiday Shopping Season
By Alex Cohen, Birch Finance co-founder
2017 is going to be a BIG shopping season. According to the National Retail Foundation, US consumers spent $658 billion for the holidays in 2016 and spending is expected to increase 3-4% to
- EPISODE 30 ~ SAVE MORE: Buying A House: Spend More To Save More Longterm
Believe it or not I’m going to encourage you to spend money to save money by buying a house, if you haven’t already.
Home-buying got a bad rap during the bubble years, but I am still a big believer for a very fundamental reason: it’s the one investment you can make with money you have to spend anyway. After all, you have to pay money to live somewhere.
- EPISODE 30 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Money: Discover Where Missing Money Holds Big Accounts
The average unclaimed money claim is 800-something dollars, according to the National Association of Unclaimed Money Administrators, which is nice. But there are MUCH bigger unclaimed money accounts out there and REAL people DO benefit from them. I want YOU to be next!
Here’s some inspiration:
- EPISODE 30 ~ TOP TIP: Return Policies: Find Out If You Can Return Before You Buy
Many people think you have 3 days to return any product you buy. Sorry to say, that’s a myth! Every company has the right to set its OWN return policy. The myth comes from a Federal Trade Commission policy known as the 3-day “Cooling-Off Rule,” but this rule ONLY applies to sales made away from the seller’s place of business. For
- EPISODE 29 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 29 ~ MAKE MORE: Online Reviews: Review Videos From Anywhere To Make Extra Cash
- EPISODE 29 ~ SAVE MORE: 401K Plan: Check To See If Your Company Has An Automatic Plan For You
Time to save more and you may not have a choice! Some companies are automatically enrolling their employees in the 401k plan.
Not only that, some are raising the amount of money you save in the plan each year! According to
- EPISODE 29 ~ TOP TIP: Credit Score: Carry A Balance Less Than Ten Percent To Keep Your Score High
If you want to keep your credit score high, keep your credit card balances low. Of course, the best thing is to pay your cards off in full each month. But if you must carry a balance, it should be no more than ten percent of your credit limit if you want to keep your score reasonably high. You can go up to 30 percent for a second tier credit score. And really, it’s best not to even SPEND more than 30 percent of your limit, even if you pay it off. Yep, that’s right, the FICO scoring model
- EPISODE 28 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 28 ~ SAVE MORE: Cash Apps: Find Out When You Deserve A Refund With Apps Like Earny
One thing that drives shoppers crazy is when they buy something and then the price drops a week or two later and they could have gotten it for less. Enter the “Earny” app, that’s E-A-R-N-Y. Earny tracks price adjustments and automatically gets you your money back in these situations. My guest is Dori Yona, co-founder & COO of
- EPISODE 28 ~ GUEST BLOG: Where’s My Refund: Download The Earny App To Get Your Money Back When Prices Drop
By Dori Yona, co-founder and COO of Earny
Heard of price protection? Neither have 97 percent of Americans. Most people don’t know this, but most retailers and credit cards offer price protection. This means that if you buy something and the price drops, retailers and/or credit card issuers should refund you the difference. Most people also don’t know that customers are buying the same items, at the same
- EPISODE 28 ~ MAKE MORE: Cashback: Check Out These Online Reward Sites That Help You Get Cash Back
I’ve done the math and I estimate you can earn hundreds of dollars worth of free gift cards —for the holidays or any time of year— just by doing the things you already do online and on your phone, only doing them via a rewards site. But you don’t have to take my word for it. I’ve heard from people who did exactly this last year and got all of their holiday gifts for free.
- EPISODE 28 ~ FIND YOURS: SEC: Claim Your Missing Money From The Security and Exchange Commission
The SEC or Securities and Exchange Commission may have unclaimed money for you.
The SEC goes after companies that have done investors wrong and sometimes orders those companies to pay fines and fees. If the SEC decides some or all of that money should go back to investors, you could be eligible. The SEC created a
- EPISODE 28 ~ TOP TIP: Holiday Donations: Make Sure Your Donation Is Going To Where You Want To Help
This time of year we all get a lot of appeals to donate to charity and I want your donations to count. So, when people ask you for money, ask THEM if they are paid solicitors and if they are licensed. If they’re paid, you’ll know this particular charity is spending some of YOUR donation on raising yet more money. And if they can’t
- EPISODE 27 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 27 ~ MAKE MORE: Freelance Writing: Use Your Words As A Side Hustle Or Permanent Job
This time we’re talking about being a freelance writer. This can be a profitable and satisfying full-time job or side hustle. And just think of all of the companies that need things written, from blog posts to articles, grants to technical manuals. My guest is Charles Silberman, a teacher by day and writer by night.
- EPISODE 27~ GUEST BLOG: Freelance Writing: Five Kinds of Work for Freelance Writers
By Charles Silberman
Finding work as a freelance writer does not have to be hard. There are a ton of needs, and not always enough high quality writers to fill them. Jump online and search for what you want to write about and test the waters. Writing as a freelancer is about trying and failing until you succeed. Here are several opportunities for writers:
- EPISODE 27 ~ SAVE MORE: Used Cars: Shop For Used Cars At New Car Price
I want to encourage you to buy only used cars from now on. Never new!
I know, I know, you don’t want to buy somebody else’s problem. But cars these days are built to last a long time and I’m not suggesting you buy a car from the 80’s1 Instead, I’m gonna show you how to buy a used car at the
- EPISODE 27~ FIND YOURS: Missing Wages: Discover Your Hard Earned Money From Previous Jobs
If you think you may be owed back wages from your employer, search the Wage and Hour Division, also known as the WHD —not to be confused with WMD. Much nicer, actually! The Wage and Hour Division has a database of workers who have money waiting to be claimed. WHD is a part of the U.S. Department of Labor. It’s the department that enforces many of our nation’s labor laws. When WHD find violations, it often recovers unpaid wages on behalf of
- EPISODE 27 ~ TOP TIP: Shipping Scams: Be Wary of Your Shipping E-mails This Holiday Season
I’m going to give you a top top about the holiday season. Beware of phishing scams involving shipping. Scammers send out emails that look like they’re from UPS, FedEx and the US Postal Service. They have convincing subject lines like “We could not deliver your parcel” or “Please confirm your shipment” or “Your order is ready to be
- EPISODE 26 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 26 ~ MAKE MORE: Consignment Shops: Find Out How To Step Up Your Game From Selling At Consignment Shops To Owning One
Let’s talk “making more” by converting your secondhand clothing into cold hard cash. Or helping other people sell their clothing and taking a cut. I’m talking about either selling your clothes at a consignment shop OR owning that consignment shop! I spoke with Sandra Packwood, owner of Do You Deja Vu in Warrenton, Virginia, to find out more.
How did you first get started in the consignment business and how many years has it been now?
- EPISODE 26 ~ SAVE MORE: Shop Where You Sell: Buy Gorgeous Threads At The Consignment Stores Where You Sell
Sandra Packwood, owner of Do You Deja Vous, already taught us how to sell at consignment shops. Now, she’s doing double duty by teaching us how to “Save More” by consignment shopping, as well!
So Sandra, the women who shop at your store, are their finances tight and they can’t afford to shop retail?
- EPISODE 26 ~ FIND YOURS: Class Action Lawsuits: Qualify For Lawsuits To Discover Your Unclaimed Money
Every day, lawyers settle class action lawsuits on behalf of consumers. With so many settlements out there, chances are you have purchased products that weren’t all they promised to be, somebody sued, and you could be due some money back. Normally, the courts require companies to send eligible consumers letters. But often they don’t
- EPISODE 26 ~ TOP TIP: Gas Station Swindles: Avoid Spending Extra Cash From Towing Companies & Gas Stations Schemes
Last week I alerted you about tow truck drivers who steal other companies’ calls and then overcharge you. Now a warning about what often happens next. This heads up is courtesy of an undercover investigation I did. We parked a car by the side of the freeway. Tow truck drivers we hadn’t ’t called pulled over to pick us up and, of course, overcharged us every time. And then every single one took us to the same gas station —A station several miles away. They made U-turns and passed up half a
- EPISODE 25 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 25 ~ MAKE MORE: Modeling Jobs: Pose For Artists To Make Extra Cash
Drawing, painting or sculpting the human body is one of the most fundamental —yet one of the most challenging— projects for an artist, so practice is key. And that’s where you could come in: artists need real humans to re-create. This is one of my more exotic “make more” ideas, so I’ve got an exotic guest for you all the way from
- EPISODE 25 ~ GUEST BLOG: Art Models: How To (Get Naked And) Prepare For Your First Life Modeling Job!
By Regina Kaluzny
Here’s how to approach your first art modeling class:
1) Get calm. It’s nerve racking to get naked as the centre of attention in front of a group of strangers the first time, so get yourself comfortable in your body. Have a shower if that makes you feel fresher;
- EPISODE 25 ~ SAVE MORE: Activities For Kids: 10 More Ways To Save Money On Kids Classes
Refer a friend. Many children’s centers —especially newer ones looking to grow— rely on referrals and reward parents who make them. If they don’t offer you a thank you discount, politely request one, and tell them there are more referrals to come.
Pay yearly. If you know your child is committed to an activity, paying the
- EPISODE 25 ~ FIND YOURS: Bankruptcy: Find Your Unclaimed Money Held By The U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Let’s say you paid for a wedding dress at a local boutique and that boutique went out of business and declared bankruptcy before you got your dress. You should be on a list of people owed a refund when a trustee liquidates the store’s assets. If something like this JUST happened to you, make sure to GET your name on the list of creditors.
- EPISODE 25 ~ TOP TIP: Towing: Keep A Reliable And Affordable Towing Service On Speed Dial
Beware of tow truck shenanigans. For one, if you call Triple A, other tow companies listen to their radio traffic and will try to get to you before the Triple-A driver. If you don’t use Triple A, keep a reliable, legitimate tow truck driver on speed dial. Either way, ask for ID and confirm the price, when the driver gets there. After
- EPISODE 24 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 24 ~ MAKE MORE: Flea Markets: Buy Low, Sell High and You Can Make Six Figures
This time I want to talk about the remarkable money-making potential of buying things at flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales and re-selling them at a profit. How much do you think you can make? 4-figures? 5-figures? 6? My next guest,
- EPISODE 24~ GUEST BLOG: Flea Market Flip: 3 Ways To Save On Shipping When You Sell on eBay
Does shipping eBay items intimidate you? Are you afraid of losing money by quoting the wrong price? Do you really want to make an income using eBay but the shipping piece has been holding you back? If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading! I want to help.
For example, just this month I had two coin-operated arcade games for sale. I was ready to clear out my
- EPISODE 24 ~ SAVE MORE: Travel Sites: The Best Websites For Cheap Airfare
Let’s save some money now on one of my favorite things, travel. If you’re frustrated because it seems like all of the travel websites quote the same prices, you’re right, many do. And that’s because the mainstream websites are all owned by just a few companies. For example, Expedia owns
- EPISODE 24 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Property: Buy Other People’s Lost Valuables Cheap
I’m turning things around and showing you how to bag a bargain because somebody else’s property has become unclaimed property.
Not all unclaimed money is just dollars left in bank accounts. Sometimes it consists of valuables left in safe deposit boxes. In fact, most state governments don’t use the term “unclaimed money.”
- EPISODE 24 ~ TOP TIP: Outlet Malls: Shop Around Before Assuming They’re A Good Deal
Outlet malls are victims of their own success. Or rather we’re victims of their own success. People assume outlet mall prices are lower, which is how they can get away with prices that are sometimes higher. For example, I once systematically compared outlet and regular mall prices and found plenty of examples, like brand name sneakers that were $16 LESS at the regular retail store. There are so many outlet malls that there just isn’t enough imperfect and second-season merchandise to stock
- EPISODE 23 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 23 ~ MAKE MORE: Rover: Dog Lover? Earn Extra Cash By Caring For Your Favorite Pet
90-million dogs live in the U.S. today and that means there are more than 90-million dog owners who are stressed out about what to do with their pups when they go on vacation. I know I am. Enter “Rover,” the website and app where people with dogs can connect with people who would like to board, petsit or walk dogs. Judy Fishbaugh is one
- EPISODE 23 ~ GUEST BLOG: Rover Dog Walking, Sitting and Boarding: What You Need To Get Started
6 Rules To Have In Place If You Board Dogs
1. All dogs must be dropped off wearing a collar
2. All dogs must be current on their
- EPISODE 23 ~ SAVE MORE: Buying A Car: Do Your Research And Haggle Your Prices Down To Save 15% On Your Next Vehicle
- EPISODE 23 ~ FIND YOURS: Foreclosure: Find Out If The Bank Owes You An Overage For Your Home
I want to talk about a pocket of money that’s small and yet big. I’m referring to unclaimed money created when somebody loses a home.
It’s small, because, thankfully, this is a fairly rare occurrence statistically and yet big because real estate is a high-dollar game.
- EPISODE 23 ~ TOP TIP: Overbooked Flights: Get The First Flight Out Or Get Your Money Back
If an airline overbooks a flight and you are involuntarily bumped, then you have rights that are guaranteed by federal law. Basically the airline has to get you on another flight, stat. If that flight arrives between one and two hours later than your original arrival time — or between one and four hours for an international flight — the airline has to pony up
- EPISODE 22 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 22 ~ SAVE MORE: Cut the Cord: Cancel Cable, Save Big And Watch Anything You Want
Now let’s talk about one of my favorite ways to “save more,” namely by cutting the cord, canceling cable. Americans spent an average of $103 a month —$1,236 a year— on cable television in 2016 and the prices are only going up. People are so intrigued and yet so confused about cutting the cord that my next guest produces an entire podcast and blog about how to do it right. Please welcome Dennis Restauro of Grounded Reason to Easy Money. Hi Dennis!
I think you were intending to do a
- EPISODE 22~ GUEST BLOG: Cut The Cord: How To Cancel Cable And Save Big
By Dennis Restauro
Grounded Reason has over 200 pages on cutting the cord and getting rid of pay TV. The links in my cord cutting guide are either the most important articles on cutting the cord, or articles that answer questions I’m often asked. There is a lot of content on the site explaining how to cut the cord and replace your pay-TV subscription with cheaper alternatives.
- EPISODE 22 ~ FIND YOURS: Savings Bonds: How To Find Your Family’s Lost Savings Bonds
At last count, the U.S. Treasury’s Bureau of the Public Debt was holding 44.7 million matured, unredeemed savings bonds worth $16.3 billion dollars that the rightful owners have failed to cash in. One or more of those bonds could belong to your family.
Some definitions: ”Matured” means they have finished earning interest.”Unredeemed” means the owners haven’t cashed them in. When you consider that savings bonds take 20 to 40 years to mature, it’s easy
- EPISODE 22 ~ MAKE MORE: Salaries: Know Others’ Job Salaries Before Asking For A Raise
On episode 19 I gave you some killer strategies for asking for a raise. But the best strategy of all is to know how much other people in your position are paid.
But how do you find out? People are usually pretty hush hush about their salaries. But there’s something about the anonymity of the internet that makes people tell all —and several websites now keep track of people’s salaries. Thanks to Amy Bergen of the Money Under 30 blog for this list.
The first is
- EPISODE 22 ~ TOP TIP: Quiz: When Is A Coupon NOT A Discount?
We all receive coupons —whether paper or digital— for home improvement services. Let’s say you receive a coupon that offers $500 off your next painting job. You can’t tell if you’re really getting a discount unless you know the painter’s regular price. So call and get a quote first and then reveal that you have a coupon. That way, your discount will be real because you know the painter isn’t marking the price up before the coupon brings the price down.
- EPISODE 21 ~ EASY MONEY
- EPISODE 21 ~ MAKE MORE: Selling On Instagram Can Make Your Home-Based Business Soar
Let’s get ready to learn more about creating and selling your own handicrafts —NOT on Etsy— but on Instagram. I never would have thought of this, but it makes sense. Go where the eyeballs are! That’s exactly what my guest Candace Hatch did. Candace, welcome to Easy Money!
Candace, tell us the name of your company and what you sell on Instagram.
My company is called LiliLane. I was planning on only selling girls headbands. When I first started, I told my husband, I will get
- EPISODE 21 ~ SAVE MORE: Wholesale Groceries: How To Get Them By Forming A Grocery Buying Club
One way to “save more” on food, household and personal care items is by forming a grocery buying club. They’re also sometimes called co-ops, but no matter what the name, multiple families are banding together to buy groceries wholesale.
Buying wholesale means you’re buying your groceries from the same distributors who usually sell to grocery stores. You’re cutting out the middleman. A refrigerated 18-wheeler literally pulls up and makes a delivery.
The typical grocery buying
- EPISODE 21~ FIND YOURS: How To Find Unclaimed Money For Your Business —Whether It’s Big Or Small
Let’s talk about how to search for unclaimed money for a small business —or a big business, for that matter. I emphasize small businesses only because there may very well be an owner/operator who will directly benefit from finding his or her own unclaimed money.
There are probably more entries in state unclaimed money databases for people than for businesses, simply because there are more people! But unclaimed money listings for businesses tend to be bigger! In other words: worth
- EPISODE 21 ~ TOP TIP: How To Prevent Cancellation of Your Insurance Policy
If you make too many auto or homeowner’s insurance claims, you could get “non-renewed.” It’s a ridiculous corporate word that means your insurance company decides not to insure you anymore because you’ve become too high maintenance or too big of a risk. Maybe you’re gotten several recent speeding tickets or you’ve made a string of petty homeowners’ insurance claims. Non-renewal only happens at the time your insurance policy expires. The company must give you a reason and advance notice
- EPISODE 20 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 20 ~ MAKE MORE: Selling Royalty Free Music Is a Creative, Lucrative Side Hustle
Thanks to modern technology, if you’re a musician and composer, you can easily record your songs and sell them as a creative side income. My next guest doesn’t want us to use his full name because he’s a respectable government lawyer by day and a secret musician at night. Please welcome Evan Barrett to Easy Money. Hi
- EPISODE 20~ GUEST BLOG: Sell Your Music: How To Make Money Composing Stock Songs
By Evan Barrett
With the cost of home music studios coming down dramatically, millions of musicians have gained access to an affordable way to record their music.
At the same time, this digital revolution leads to more new video content created each day than you could watch in a lifetime. From podcasts to Youtube, from Netflix to Snapchat Stories, all of this new content
- EPISODE 20 ~ SAVE MORE: Credit Score: Raise Yours By Asking Your Creditors For A Simple Favor
This one is also about credit, namely how to raise your credit score by asking your creditors for a favor.
Our credit scores are based on the information in our credit reports. If your overall payment history with a company is good and you make one glaring mistake, you may be able to get the bank or credit card company to delete it from your credit report. Your chances are best
- EPISODE 20 ~ FIND YOURS: Credit Bureaus Can Help You Claim Your Missing Money
This one is really more about claiming yours. The government doesn’t always make it easy to get your unclaimed money back.
The positive spin on this is that the bureaucrats want to make sure they don’t give the money to the wrong person. The cynical view is that they’re reluctant to part with your money because they’re using it
- EPISODE 20 ~ TOP TIP: Junkmail: Contact The Direct Marketing Association To Stop It
Each American receives one ton of junk mail per year. To help you picture that, two average-size horses weigh one ton. If you are jinxed with junk mail, if the envelopes seem endless, there is hope. The Direct Marketing Association maintains a list of consumers who don’t wish to receive what it insists on calling “direct mail” or “advertising mail.” Ideally, you’ll sign up under every name – and every spelling of every name – under which you receive junk mail. It’ll take a
- EPISODE 19 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 19 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Money: Find Missing Money For Your Business
We begin today with our find yours segment. I’ve told you that small businesses often have larger pots of unclaimed money out there waiting for them than individuals do. Not as many accounts, but bigger accounts. My next guest found that out first hand when he was able to find unclaimed money for his business.
- EPISODE 19 ~ MAKE MORE: Raises: Follow These Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Getting A Raise At Work
Time now for our make more segment of the show.
Asking your boss for a raise can definitely be intimidating and I’m going to do an in depth interview with a negotiation strategist at some point. But, for now, here are eight killer tips that can increase your chances of getting a “yes.”
First, lay the ground work. Improve your
- EPISODE 19 ~ SAVE MORE: Online Grocery Shopping Versus In-Store Shopping: What Saves You More?
Now let’s talk about how shopping for groceries online might actually save you money compared to shopping in person. Yes, despite the delivery fees.
When I tackled this topic for the Washington Post a couple of months ago, my first question was are online and in-person grocery prices the same or different? Frankly, I was worried that there might be a markup on online products. So I compared online and in-store prices at Giant and Safeway, two of the largest nationwide chains, both of
- EPISODE 19 ~ TOP TIP: Parking Garages: The Sneaky Way They May Be Overcharging You
Some parking garages set their ‘in’ clock slow and their ‘out’ clock fast, to overcharge you for parking. I’m talking about the type of garages where you take a ticket as you enter. Since you pay more every time you pass an hour mark, they’re motivated to make it look like you have! For example, maybe parking for up to an hour costs
- EPISODE 18 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 18 ~ SAVE MORE: Medical Billing Advocate: Hire a Specialist to Catch The Errors in Your Medical Bills
Now let’s plow into our SAVE more segment for the week: how hiring a medical billing advocate can save you thousands of dollars on hospital and other medical bills. My guest is Jeanne Woodward of Medliminal, a firm that specializes in finding and fighting erroneous medical charges. Welcome, Jeanne!
First of all, how common are erroneous medical charges?
Medliminal estimates, based on our years of analyzing medical bills, that 90 percent of them contain errors. And guess what?
- EPISODE 18~ GUEST BLOG: Help With Medical Bills: Expert Tips For Reducing Hospital Costs
By Tina Pashley, Medliminal
Here are our consumer Tips for finding and fighting overcharges on hospital and other medical bills:
Immediately request a detailed, itemized statement that details the items and services you received and the charges associated with each.
Analyze each line item and make sure you agree with each charge. Do you remember receiving that item or service? Does the associated price seem reasonable?
Any questions should be directed to the facility
- EPISODE 18 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Money: How To Keep Your Money From Disappearing
Let’s talk about how to keep your money from becoming unclaimed money! According to the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administers, property becomes lost when a company has no communication with the owner.
You should contact institutions that hold your money or property every year and especially when there is an address change or change in marital status. For
- EPISODE 18 ~ MAKE MORE: Used CDs: Use These Sites To Sell Your Old Music Collection For Extra Cash
This time we’re talking about the best way to sell old CDs.
That’s compact disks, not Certificates of Deposit! I know many many people now have everything digitized, so those old CDs could be a source of cold hard cash. Here then, in alphabetical order, are a few different options for “making more” on your CDs.
- EPISODE 18 ~ TOP TIP: Title Insurance: Purchase The Best Insurance To Protect Your Property
When you buy a house, you are allowed to shop around for title insurance. Doing so can make a huge difference. Most people don’t quite know what title insurance is, let alone that they can shop around for it. Title insurance protects you if somebody comes along and claims they have a legal right to your property. it pays your legal fees or even
- EPISODE 17 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 17 ~ TOP TIP: Pink Tax: Beware of Companies Charging More For “Girls” Products
Top Tip time: You’ve probably heard how women are often charged more than men for things like dry-cleaning and razors, even though those products and services are the same? It’s sometimes called a “pink tax.” But did you know that often girls products cost more than boys products too? I am looking at an online
- EPISODE 17 ~ MAKE MORE: Car Rental: Create Your Own Small Business By Letting People Rent Your Car Through Turo
EPISODE 17 ~ MAKE MORE: Car Rental: Create Your Own Small Business By Letting People Rent Your Car Through Turo
Today we’re talking about whether it’s a good idea —and whether it’s a lucrative idea— to rent out your car to strangers. Should you get in on the sharing economy? Thanks to peer-to-peer services like
- EPISODE 17 ~ SAVE MORE: Medical Tests: Shop Around And Save Thousands On Medical Tests
If you are uninsured or are insured but have to make a substantial coinsurance payment, it’s worth it to shop around for medical tests. The difference in price from one facility to another could be 20 to 60-percent —or more.
My friend Ingrid in California had tried everything to relieve shooting sciatic pain that started when she was pregnant. Now she needed an MRI to determine if she had a ruptured disk or if something
- EPISODE 17 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Funds: Discover Your Missing Money Hiding Abroad
Let’s talk about finding yours —your unclaimed money— in a foreign country. Yes, other countries have unclaimed money stashes and some of that money belongs to Americans!
This would usually happen if you once lived in a foreign country, but there could also be money for you in a foreign country if you worked or did business with a foreign company, or if your ancestors were from
- EPISODE 17~ GUEST BLOG: Turo: Rent Your Car as a Side Hustle By Kyle Clark, Turo Fleet Owner
1 – Know your goals
Do you want to use Turo as a way to supplement your income? How about using the platform to afford your dream car, sharing it occasionally on weekends or when at work? You’ll want to know what kind of owner you’re going to be, because the investments required in time, finances, and effort will vary greatly.
Will you meet renters at
- EPISODE 16 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 16~ TOP TIP: Government Jobs: Don’t Get Scammed Into Paying For A List of Government Jobs
Never get scammed into paying for information about government jobs when you can find the same information all online for free. Schemers are always trying to get people to pay for information that the government already provides. Bad guys place ads offering to sell lists of government jobs or practice exams and applications. Pay attention to these tell-tale tip offs to rip-offs :
- EPISODE 16 ~ MAKE MORE: Home Improvement: Certain Paint Colors Can Help Your House Sell for Thousands More
- EPISODE 16 ~ SAVE MORE: Health Savings Account: A Better Way To Save Money For Healthcare Costs Tax-Free
Health Savings Accounts, which are different and more flexible —ironically— than Flexible Spending Accounts.
In order to open a Health Savings Account, first you must open A High Deductible Health Plan or “HDHP.” That’s a specific type of health insurance plan created by Congress. For 2017, a High Deductible Health Plan must have a deductible of at least $1300 for
- EPISODE 16 ~ FIND YOURS: FTC: Could The Federal Trade Commission Have Money For You From A Bad Business?
I’m excited because this is something I had never heard of, even in all my years covering unclaimed money. The Federal Trade Commission is the nation’s consumer watchdog, and when the FTC sues or settles with a company that has done something wrong, it often obtains refund money for consumers. LOTS of refund money. For example, in the first 6 months of 2017, the FTC returned $194-million dollars to well over a million consumers. BUT, there’s more to
- EPISODE 16~ GUEST BLOG: Questions and Answers About The Federal Trade Commission’s Refund Program For Consumers
- EPISODE 15 ~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 15 ~ TOP TIP: Car Payment: Save Thousands By Keeping Your Car As Long As You Can Stand It
You can save BIG money by keeping your car as long as you can stand it. Most people turn their cars over every five years, according to auto website Edmunds.com. If we assume you get your first car when you’re 18 and stop driving at age 78, you would own about 12 vehicles during your lifetime. If you keep each vehicle just one year more, you’ll only need 10
- EPISODE 15 ~ SAVE MORE: PMI: Petition To Drop Private Mortgage Insurance and Save BIG
Private mortgage insurance isn’t for you. It protects the lender in case you stop paying your mortgage. Lenders are required by law to stop charging you for private mortgage insurance when you have 22% equity in your home, but some have been known to conveniently forget.
To complicate things, if you reach 22% equity not
- EPISODE 15 ~ MAKE MORE: Instagram Famous: How To Make A Good Living As a Social Media Influencer
Find out what it takes —and what you can make— as a social media influencer. Yes, if you have thousands of followers —especially Instagram followers— companies will pay you to reach that audience and advertise their brands. Alicia Chew, a style and food influencer who runs the lifestyle blog Alicia Tenise and has 15,000 followers on Instagram and is giving us her success
- EPISODE 15 ~ FIND YOURS: Credit Unions: How To Search The National Credit Union Administration For Missing Money
One of our Easy Money listeners recently left me a voicemail concerning her own unclaimed money.
Hi, this is Olivia. I’ve been listening to your stories about unclaimed money, but I haven’t been able to find my own unclaimed money even though I know it’s out there somewhere. I used to have an account at a credit union in my
- EPISODE 15~ GUEST BLOG: How To Get Paid for Blogging
Friends, this is probably the second most frequently asked question I get as a blogger. So, you’ve been blogging for a few months/years now and are ready to take your blog to the next level. Fantastic! However, how do you make the transition from hobby blogging to taking on sponsored campaigns?
- EPISODE 14~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 14 ~ TOP TIP: Mortgage Calculator: Compare Your Monthly Rent To Get A Mortgage You Can Afford
There is a vague way and a concrete way to figure out what price house you can afford. Mortgage brokers use the vague way and here it is: They say you can afford a house if the monthly payments make up no more than 33-percent of your income. During the housing bubble they used more extreme percentages, like the using payments could be 45 percent of your income! But I don’t like that method because it’s theoretical instead of real- life. Here’s my concrete method: you will KNOW you can afford
- EPISODE 14 ~ MAKE MORE: Side Hustles: Make More Money The Modern Way
According to TheStreet.com, more than a quarter of people age 18 to 26 have a side hustle, another way of making money in addition to their main job.
And many people over age 26 are getting in on the act as well. Plus, as we’ve seen on Easy Money, people are turning their side hustles into their main gigs when they start making more money or having more freedom thanks to their side hustle. SO, the
- EPISODE 14 ~ SAVE MORE: Contests & Giveaways: Use This System To Win Everything You Might Have Otherwise Bought
There’s an easy way how to win cash, cars, trips and more instead of paying for them. I know, it sounds impractical, but here’s the key: volume. If you enter a lot of sweepstakes and contests, you will win some. Carolyn Wilman, but she’s better known as “The Contest Queen”, actually has a system for entering sweepstakes that makes it easy and fun. She’s also the author of “How to Win Cash, Cars, Trips and More.”
Let’s get people’s attention right away.
- EPISODE 14 ~ FIND YOURS: Child Support: Search And Collect Your Unclaimed Child Support MoneyUnclaimed Child Support is an important topic that affects the lives of families all across the country. It’s also called “Undeliverable” or “Undistributable Child Support.” There are a couple different ways it happens.
- EPISODE 14 ~ GUEST BLOG: How to Win Sweepstakes in 5 Easy Steps
By Carolyn Wilman, “The Contest Queen”
As someone who always believed winning was possible, when I discovered people enter sweepstakes as a hobby in 2001 I was quickly hooked. At first I made every rookie mistake possible, disqualifying myself from more giveaways than I can possibly fathom. Once I applied both my marketing background and organizational skills to my hobby, not only was my Online Sweepstaking System created, my prizes began to come in steadily. Here are the top 5 steps
- EPISODE 13~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 13 ~ TOP TIP: Credit Score: Raise Your Credit Score By Increasing Your Credit Limit
A major factor in your credit score is the amount of credit you have compared to the amount of debt you have. It’s called your “credit utilization ratio.” It’s not good when the amount of debt is close to the amount of credit and the best way to fix that is to pay down your debt. BUT, if you’re not in a position to do that and move the top number of the ratio, maybe you can move the bottom number. How? A CreditCards.com poll found that 89 percent
- EPISODE 13 ~ MAKE MORE: Jewelry Buyers: Know The Right Way To Sell Your Jewelry And Get More For It
Today’s topic comes from an Easy Money listener that wants to know the right way to sell jewelry
“Hi, my name is Jenny and I live in Virginia. I love what you’re doing with the Easy Money podcast and I wonder if you can do a segment on how to make the most money selling your jewelry. I’d like to know whether it’s worth paying for an appraisal and whether it’s better to sell jewelry online or in person.”
Jewelry is an asset that’s laying around a lot of homes collecting
- EPISODE 13 ~ SAVE MORE: Home Appliances: Save Money By Knowing When to Repair Or Replace Your Appliances
Get this: Other than houses and cars, home appliances can be the biggest investments we make. Not nearly as glamorous either. First, I’ll give you the over-arching rule of thumb: If the repair will cost more than 50 percent of the price of replacing the appliance, you should get a new one. I could end it there, but that would be a pretty lame segment. Plus, I know you may be in denial that you actually have to pay to replace one of these big machines in your house. I went through it myself
- EPISODE 13 ~ FIND YOURS: Inheritance: Find Missing Money Left By Your Ancestors
As I’ve been telling you, at least 1 out of every 10 Americans has unclaimed money waiting. It may be hard for you to believe that you could ever misplace your own money. But what about your relatives? Your ancestors? You may be entitled to unclaimed money that they left behind. That’s exactly what happened to Carol Fox.
How did you first get the idea to search the unclaimed money database?
My daughter’s husband, my son in law, told me to look. He does it all
- EPISODE 12~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 12 ~ TOP TIP: Tax Deductions: Saving Receipts And Money At The Same Time
A wise accountant once explained tax deductions to me in a way that turned me into a receipt-saving, itemizing machine. Here’s what he said: For every $100 worth of tax deductions you come up with, you save the amount of your tax bracket. So, let’s say you’re in the 28 percent tax bracket. For every $100 worth of deductions you claim, you will save $28 bucks! This is such a simple, concrete way of looking at it that it can be very motivating. So start documenting those miles driven for work,
- EPISODE 12 ~ MAKE MORE: Make Money From Home: Check Out These Modern Home-Based Income Opportunities
As a longtime consumer reporter, when people used to ask me about work-at-home opportunities, I always cringed, because most of them were scams. So I love that, thanks to the internet, the work-at- home landscape has changed completely and not only are there legit opportunities, there are lucrative ones!
I’ve already done interviews with people who produce music and videos and write resumes and sell them on Fiverr, a woman who sells fashion on Poshmark, a guy who shoots stock photos
- EPISODE 12 ~ SAVE MORE: Cheap Hotels: A Secret Technique For Scoring Luxury Rooms At Deep Discounts
Let’s talk about how to save big on hotel rooms —luxury hotel rooms. Consumers’ Checkbook, which studies services, has scrutinized online
travel booking services and says it has figured out THE strategy for scoring rock bottom rates on 4 and 5 star hotel rooms. The answer?
Priceline. But NOT using it the regular way. Checkbook’s editors spent years experimenting and Executive Editor Kevin Brasler is here to reveal their “system.”
OK, I’m going to name the step and you
- EPISODE 12 ~ FIND YOURS: Celebrities And Unclaimed Money: Which Celebrities Have Missing Money Waiting For Them?
Honestly, I don’t give a flip about famous people. But I DO care about convincing YOU to conduct a search. So I wanted to show you just how common it is for people —including famous people, including you— to have unclaimed money out there waiting.
Let me tell you the actors I found unclaimed money for. Ladies first:
•Blake Lively is owed $484.
•Delta Dental owes Salma Hayek $75… She does have great teeth.
•Saoirse Ronan has a whopping 17 separate unclaimed money
- EPISODE 12~ GUEST BLOG
How much would you like to pay per night for a room at a four- or five-star hotel in Seattle? How about $77? Does that seem fair?
Rather hit the Big Apple? We found an $88-per- night bargain at the luxury Roosevelt Hotel.
How about Chicago? Is $84 for a room at the Palmer House Hilton in the Loop reasonable?
For several years, we have plugged away at
- EPISODE 11~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 11~ TOP TIP: Pyramid Schemes: Businesses That Are Doomed By Their Own Math
Hi, I’M ELISABETH LEAMY. AND HERE it IS, MY TOP TIP: You know that pyramid schemes are scams where people are paid for recruiting more people, rather than for doing or selling something real. And yet new pyramids pop up every year and fleece people for millions. So here’s an explanation you can share with friends and family that will finally make the con crystal clear: Pyramid-shaped business plans are mathematically doomed to failure. Let’s take a “two by two” scheme in which very rep has
- EPISODE 11 ~ MAKE MORE: Voice Over Jobs: Turn Your Natural Talents Into A Full-Time Career
What if you could make money using the voice you were born with? Do you have a sexy, sultry voice? Are you good at all kinds of accents? Voiceover work could be your vehicle. Redd Horrocks transitioned into voiceover work a few years ago and wait till you hear how well she’s doing at it.
I’ve just introduced you as a voiceover artist, but first you ran away with the circus right?
I am a former circus-production pro, a Stage manager and technician for the circus. What caused you
- EPISODE 11 ~ SAVE MORE: Diminished Value On Your Vehicle: Get Compensated For Car Accident Damages
Here’s something I wish I had known about when another driver plowed into my five-month- old car: it’s called diminished value. The other driver’s insurance company paid to fix my vehicle, but just the fact that it had been in an accident diminished its value and I—and you—should be compensated for that loss.
After all, your car is no longer as sound. One former car dealer says he used to automatically offer thirty percent less for a trade-in if it had frame damage.
- EPISODE 11~ FIND YOURS: Life Insurance Policies: How To Find Unclaimed Life Insurance Policies Left By Loved Ones
What happens when a loved one dies without telling anybody in the family that they had a life insurance policy? It becomes an unclaimed life insurance policy.
One estimate is that a billion dollars in life insurance money goes unclaimed every year. Life insurance companies are not required to monitor death records or search for beneficiaries, although some do. And often those beneficiaries have no idea there’s a policy out there. So, side tip: it’s a good idea to make a list of all of
- EPISODE 11~ GUEST BLOG: Make More: How to Turn Your Side Hustle Into Your Main Gig —Without Risking it All
By Redd Horrocks, Voiceover Artist
Working a side gig can be great. You get to stretch out, be your own boss, and call the shots…at least for a little bit of your day. But when you’re thinking about making the full time switch, how do you make sure you are ready? Here are five tricks to help you make the leap.
Make a Realistic Budget.
Take the time to go through all your expenses. Make sure you include absolutely everything and make a realistic assessment of where your
- EPISODE 10~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 10 ~ TOP TIP: Why Going Out of Business Sales Run By Liquidators Are NOT a Bargain
Most going out of business sales are not bargains! They are run by professional liquidators who raise the store’s prices up before they mark them down. That means you’re often paying as much or more as when the store was still in business. I did an undercover investigation for Good Morning America and store clerks confirmed, on hidden camera, that the liquidators made them put new higher price tags over the old price tags. Liquidators even bring in outside merchandise that the chain never
- EPISODE 10 ~ MAKE MORE: Sell Stock Photos: Pictures You’ve Already Taken Could Bring In Extra Income
How would you like to make money —good money— as a photographer? It’s totally doable. Shooting stock photos is our “make more” idea for this episode. Thanks to websites that post people’s photos for sale online, selling stock photos is a way to make some extra, passive income OR transition into photography full-time, like Blake Bronstad.
Blake, you’re a professional photographer now, but you weren’t always. Tell us what you were doing just a few years ago and how photography fit into
- EPISODE 10 ~ SAVE MORE: When To Refinance: Learn the Refinancing Rule of Thumb That Can Save You Six Figures
Refinancing to get a lower interest rate is one of the rare times that you
can save 5 or even 6 figures! But people always ask me how to know if the time is right. Should they refinance now? Or wait? Or… refinance all over again?
That’s why I created something that I call the “Refinancing Rule of 5’s.” It helps answer this question simply and finally. Here it is: You should refinance IF:
1. Your new interest rate will be at least .5 percent —half a percent— lower
- EPISODE 10~ FIND YOURS: Unused Gift Cards: Regift yourself by finding unclaimed gift cards that were never spent
I’ve been covering unclaimed money for years and whenever I searched for
myself I wouldn’t find anything. I always thought, that’s me, way too anal to lose track of any of my money! But it’s a good idea to check back every year or so
and I did just that when I was preparing to launch this podcast and talk about unclaimed money every week. Sure enough, I am owed unclaimed money from
ticketmaster gift certificates I purchased for somebody that they never used.
- EPISODE 10~ GUEST BLOG: 10 Ways to Shoot and Sell Stock Photos for Cash
You could make $500 or more per month —without even trying— by
posting photos you already own to multiple stock photo sites. The
pictures do have to be appropriate for stock photo purposes. Here are
10 tips so you’ll know which images in your library might bring you an
unexpected passive income.
1. Picture potential stories. With stock photography, your images can tell
hundreds of stories for a variety of brands. Set up your shots in advance
- EPISODE 9~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 9 ~ TOP TIP: Moving Companies: Never hire over the Internet
YOU SHOULD NEVER HIRE A MOVER OVER THE INTERNET. THE PROBLEM WITH HIRING MOVERS ONLINE IS THAT THEY ASK YOU TO TAKE INVENTORY OF YOUR OWN BELONGINGS AND GIVE THEM A LIST. THEN, ON MOVING DAY, THEY CLAIM YOU UNDERESTIMATED HOW MUCH STUFF YOU HAD AND THEY USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE TO JACK UP THE PRICE. INSTEAD, WHETHER MOVING LOCALLY OR LONG DISTANCE YOU MUST HIRE A MOVER WHO SENDS A PROFESSIONAL ESTIMATOR TO YOUR HOME. THEN, ASK FOR WHAT’S CALLED A “GUARANTEED NOT TO EXCEED” ESTIMATE. THAT MEANS
- EPISODE 9 ~ MAKE MORE: Selling on Poshmark: Which clothes sell best and make you most money
TODAY’S ‘MAKE MORE’ SEGMENT IS ABOUT SELLING CLOTHING ON POSHMARK, THE
POPULAR FASHION APP THAT IS USED BY 1 OUT OF EVERY 50 WOMEN IN AMERICA.
POSHMARK “SELLER STYLISTS” MARKET THEIR OWN SENSE OF STYLE AND ALSO CURATE
GREAT FINDS FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. MY GUEST TODAY IS ONE OF POSHMARK’S BIGGEST
SUCCESS STORIES. PLEASE WELCOME JESSICA CRADDOCK TO THE EASY MONEY SHOW. HI
JESSICA, EXPLAIN WHAT POSHMARK IS AND HOW YOU FIRST GOT STARTED.
- EPISODE 9 ~ SAVE MORE: Prescription Medications: Did you know you can get prescription drugs for free?
THE COST OF PRESCRIPTION MEDS HAS MORE THAN DOUBLED IN THE PAST DECADE AND I KNOW FROM MY WORK AS CONSUMER CORRESPONDENT FOR THE DR. OZ SHOW THAT THIS IS A REAL PAIN POINT FOR PEOPLE.
SO, HERE’S THE DEAL: EVERY YEAR, THE BIG PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES EACH GIVE AWAY MORE THAN $200 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF FREE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS. YES!
IT’S TRUE. FOR SOME REASON, ALMOST NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW ABOUT THESE OFFERS.
THEY’RE CALLED “PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS AND
- EPISODE 9 ~ FIND YOURS: Unclaimed Money: Find it for your school, charity, or church
HEY, THINK OF THE BROWNIE POINTS YOU’LL BE EARNING WITH YOUR
TEACHER, FELLOW VOLUNTEERS OR MAYBE EVEN SOMEBODY MUCH HIGHER
UP, IF YOU FIND MISSING MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL, CHARITY OR CHURCH!
ALL YOU DO IS GO TO THE SAME TWO FREE SEARCH SITES I ALWAYS
RECOMMEND, MISSINGMONEY.COM AND UNCLAIMED.ORG, (YES, .ORG, NOT
.COM. Very important.) THEN
- EPISODE 9~ GUEST BLOG: POSHMARK SELLER TIPS FROM AN ACTUAL POSHMARK SELLER
POSHMARK SELLER TIPS FROM AN ACTUAL POSHMARK SELLER:
#1 – Poshmark is Not eBay – And that’s a good thing!
Many new users who come to Poshmark assume that it is like eBay.
They list an item for sale and then they let it sit in their closet. They don’t
realize the social aspects of Posh are there and they certainly don’t realize
how crucial they can be to your success. I like to think of Poshmark as a
platform where eBay meets Instagram. You get to
- EPISODE 8~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 8~ TOP TIP: How to Use Frequent Flyer Miles to Get To Sold-Out Cities
PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLAIN THAT IT’S HARD TO ACTUALLY CASH-IN FREQUENT FLYER MILES, AND IT IS HARD IF YOU WANT TO FLY TO ULTRA-POPULAR CITIES LIKE PARIS OR ROME, IF WE USE EUROPE AS AN EXAMPLE. SO HERE’S A CLEVER STRATEGY: IF ALL OF THE FREE SEATS TO PARIS ARE TAKEN, TRY FLYING TO ANOTHER, LESS POPULAR EUROPEAN CITY INSTEAD. AND THEN BUY A CHEAP SEAT ON A DISCOUNT AIRLINE TO GET TO YOUR REAL DESTINATION. FOR EXAMPLE, MY HUSBAND AND I ONCE FLEW TO FRANKFURT USING FREQUENT FLYER MILES —NO PROBLEM,
- EPISODE 8~ MAKE MORE: Go Undercover As A Mystery Shopper And Test Products, Services
TODAY in our “make more” segment WE’RE TALKING ABOUT BECOMING A MYSTERY SHOPPER. ACTUALLY, MYSTERY SHOPPING IS AN AMAZING WAY TO “MAKE” MONEY AND TO “SAVE” MONEY, SO I’M DOING SOMETHING A LITTLE UNUSUAL AND SPREADING THIS TOPIC OUT OVER BOTH SEGMENTS OF THIS SHOW. HERE TO TELL US HOW IT WORKS IS PAMELA OLMSTEAD, PRESIDENT OF THE INDEPENDENT MYSTERY SHOPPERS COALITION AND A MYSTERY SHOPPER HERSELF. PAM, WELCOME TO EASY MONEY!
FIRST OF ALL, EXPLAIN TO OUR LISTENERS, JUST IN CASE THEY
- EPISODE 8~ SAVE MORE: Never Pay For Gas or Groceries or Vacations Again Thanks to Mystery Shopping
I’VE BEEN DELIBERATELY AVOIDING ASKING PAM ABOUT THE REIMBURSEMENTS, BECAUSE THAT IS THE SAVINGS”ASPECT OF MYSTERY SHOPPING. SO LET’S TRANSITION NOW INTO OUR SAVE MORE SEGMENT OF THE SHOW.
SO, PAM, EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE WHY YOU ARE EVEN MORE EXCITED ABOUT THE REIMBURSEMENTS YOU GET THAN THE MONEY YOU MAKE.
My reimbursements for the year are about double my payments. And reimbursements aren’t taxable income, which makes them even more valuable than my actual payments. This is the
- EPISODE 8~ FIND YOURS: How To Find And Claim A Lost Pension
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW TO FIND LOST PENSION MONEY.
THE PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION IS THE FIRST PLACE TO LOOK. THE PBGC IS AN INDEPENDENT AGENCY CREATED BY THE US GOVERNMENT TO INSURE PENSIONS AND PAY THEM IF THE COMPANIES BEHIND THEM FAIL. THE PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTY CORPORATION HAS A SEARCHABLE DATABASE OF 38,000 PEOPLE WHO ARE OWED $300 MILLION DOLLARS IN PENSIONS. THE AGENCY SAYS IT OWES INDIVIDUALS AMOUNTS RANGING FROM 12 CENTS TO A MILLION DOLLARS. I WILL LINK YOU TO
- EPISODE 8~ GUEST BLOG: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Mystery Shopping
Mystery shopping has been around for a very long time, yet it still mystifies most. That’s why I wrote a book to help take the mystery out of this job and get you started right away. What I’ve created is a step-by- step guide to starting, performing and reporting your “mystery shops.” Yes, a “shop” is a noun in our world!
In the book, you will find a list of legitimate companies —those that will not charge you to work for them. You should never have to pay to mystery shop. They should
- EPISODE 7~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 7~ TOP TIP: The 5 Words You Should NEVER Say TO A Telemarketer
WHEN TELEMARKETERS CALL AND INTERRUPT OUR DINNERS —AND YES, THEY’RE STILL DOING IT DESPITE THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST— WHAT MANY OF US INDIGNANTLY SAY IS “TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST!” THAT’S NOT ONLY WRONG, IT’S THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU SHOULD SAY! WHAT YOU SHOULD SAY IS “PUT ME ON YOUR LIST, YOUR INTERNAL DO NOT CALL LIST,” WHICH IS A LIST EVERY TELEMARKETER MUST MAINTAIN OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO BE CONTACTED. WHEN YOU SAY ‘TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST’ AN UNSCRUPULOUS TELEMARKETER COULD USE
- EPISODE 7~ MAKE MORE: Like, 30 Percent More, BY Investing In Another State’s 529 Plan
WE’RE GONNA TALK ABOUT HOW YOU MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE MONEY TO PAY FOR COLLEGE BY INVESTING IN AN OUT-OF- STATE 529 PLAN. OF THOSE WHO INVEST IN A 529, 80 PERCENT CHOOSE THE ONE IN THEIR OWN STATE, ACCORDING TO THE INVESTMENT COMPANY INSTITUTE, WHICH DID A STUDY. MANY PARENTS DON’T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ELSE IS POSSIBLE.
THAT’S WHY I COVERED THIS TOPIC IN ONE OF MY WASHINGTON POST COLUMNS AND WHY I’M BRINGING IT UP HERE. YOU SEE, SOME STATE 529 PLANS FEATURE HIGHER RETURNS AND LOWER
- EPISODE 7~ SAVE MORE: How To Save As Much as 20% On a New Vehicle By Buying A “Dark Horse Car”
WE’RE STARTING WITH OUR “SAVE MORE” SEGMENT BECAUSE IT IS A JUICY
ONE: HOW TO SAVE BIG BUCKS ON A VEHICLE BY BUYING A “DARK HORSE CAR.” HERE TO EXPLAIN WHAT THAT IS AND HOW MUCH YOU CAN SAVE BY BUYING ONE IS RONALD MONTOYA, EDMUNDS DOT COM SENIOR CONSUMER ADVICE EDITOR. WELCOME, RON!
I THINK PEOPLE KNOW THE EXPRESSION “DARK HORSE” REFERS TO A HORSE THAT’S NOT VERY WELL KNOWN AND COMES OUT OF OBSCURITY TO WIN THE RACE. BUT A FEW YEARS AGO EDMUNDS COINED THE TERM “DARK HORSE
- EPISODE 7~ FIND YOURS: Check Different Versions of Your Name To Make Sure You Find Your UNCLAIMED Money
AND NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT OUR ‘FIND YOURS’ TOPIC FOR TODAY: NAMELY, HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU’VE FOUND ALL OF YOUR UNCLAIMED MONEY BY CHECKING EVERY POSSIBLE VERSION OF YOUR NAME. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? THE SIMPLEST EXAMPLE IS MARRIED WOMEN WHO HAVE TAKEN THEIR HUSBAND’S NAME. THEY SHOULD ALWAYS SEARCH FOR UNCLAIMED MONEY UNDER THEIR MAIDEN NAME AND THEIR MARRIED NAME.
BUT THERE ARE ALSO LESS OBVIOUS NAME VARIATIONS TO SEARCH AS WELL. HERE’S A LIST OF THINGS TO TRY WHEN USING THE WEBSITES
- EPISODE 7~ GUEST BLOG: Save Up To 20 Percent with a USED Dark Horse Car
Top 10 Dark Horse Cars of 2015
By Ronald Montoya, Senior Consumer Advice Editor, Edmunds.com
Elisabeth’s note: These are the cars Edmunds.com chose as great “dark horse” vehicles back in 2015, along with commentary on why. If you’re looking for a used car in 2017, 2-3 year old vehicles are the sweet spot, so this list is very timely! Former Edmunds editor John DiPietro
- EPISODE 6~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 06~ TOP TIP: You can keep unsolicited merchandise as a free gift
IF YOU RECEIVE MERCHANDISE IN THE MAIL THAT YOU DIDN’T ORDER, WHAT TO DO? THIS IS AN ANNOYING MARKETING PLOY WHERE COMPANIES SEND YOU SOMETHING, HOPING YOU’LL AGREE TO PAY FOR IT. WELL GUESS WHAT? ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE NATION’S CONSUMER WATCHDOG, WHEN THIS HAPPENS, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO KEEP THE MERCHANDISE AS A FREE GIFT! YOU DON’T HAVE TO TRY TO RETURN IT OR EVEN INFORM THE COMPANY THAT YOU’RE KEEPING IT. JUST ONE WORD OF CAUTION: IF IT’S A COMPANY YOU’VE DONE
- EPISODE 06~ MAKE MORE: How To earn More Than A Million Dollars Editing ResumesTHIS WEEK WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BIG MONEY TO BE MADE EDITING PEOPLES’ RESUMES, LINKED IN PAGES, AND COVER LETTERS. WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR HOW MUCH MY GUEST HAS MADE DOING JUST THAT. PLEASE WELCOME CHARMAINE POCHEK TO THE PODCAST. HI CHARMAINE!
- EPISODE 06~ SAVE MORE: How To Raise Your Credit Score in Days Through “Rapid Rescoring”
[LISTENER QUESTION] Hi my name is Jamie and I’m about to buy my first home and I’m worried about my credit score. Is there some way to improve my score before I apply for a mortgage? And how long will it take?
JAMIE, I’M SO GLAD YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION, BECAUSE YOU’VE GIVEN ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO TALK UP ONE OF MY FAVORITE LITTLE-KNOWN STRATEGIES. IT’S CALLED “RAPID RESCORING” WHERE YOU HIRE PROFESSIONALS TO DO THE HARD WORK FOR YOU. THESE PROFESSIONALS HAVE SPECIAL ACCESS TO THE BIG
- EPISODE 06~ FIND YOURS: Why You Should Search Cities and Counties for Unclaimed Money
HEADS UP, PEOPLE! YOUR CITY MAY HAVE UNCLAIMED MONEY FOR YOU! UP UNTIL NOW, I’VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT STATE UNCLAIMED MONEY FUNDS AND HOW TO FIND THOSE, BUT IT WOULD BE A MISTAKE TO OVERLOOK CITIES AND THE MONEY THEY SOMETIMES HOLD FOR THEIR CITIZENS. LET ME GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE. A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS AT GOOD MORNING AMERICA, THE CITY OF PASADENA, CALIFORNIA WAS HOLDING A BUNCH OF UNCLAIMED MONEY FOR PEOPLE. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE CITY HAD MORE THAN A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS
- EPISODE 06~ GUEST BLOG: How to Transform Your Resume and Start Getting Calls For Interviews
By Charmaine Pocek,
Award-winning Resume Writer, Career Expert, Former Recruiter
I write resumes based on what a recruiter is scanning for in those critical 5-10 seconds – and they land interviews, so start preparing now!!! There is a method to my madness, and it stems from recruiting for 15+ years and transitioning into a full-time resume writer.
The format you received, works. In fact it works MIRACLES! Do NOT create a PDF document – some older applicant-tracking
- EPISODE 5~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- EPISODE 5~ TOP TIP: Groceries go on sale at predictable intervals. Learn them and save!
Did you know that grocery products go on sale at regular, predictable intervals? For example, maybe your favorite cheese goes on sale every 4 weeks and your kids’ favorite cereal is discounted every 12 weeks. Another secret: often the same product is on sale at one grocery store this week and another one next week because manufacturers rotate the incentives they provide stores in order to goose sales of their merchandise. The trick is to learn to recognize these sale intervals and buy
- EPISODE 5~ MAKE MORE: Where to sell your old electronics for the most money
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW TO MAKE MONEY BY SELLING YOUR OLD, UNWANTED ELECTRONICS. Consumer Reports points out that electronics don’t age well. so don’t be like me! hurry up! Make a plan to selL your old electronics NOW. If you want to get some money out of them, the younger the better. After that, you can donate middle-aged electronics or recycle ancient ones.
Here are several resources for selling used electronics:
- EPISODE 5~ SAVE MORE: Creative ways to join a gym for less.AND NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW TO SAVE BIG MONEY ON A GYM MEMBERSHIP. I’M WELL AWARE THAT THIS ONE’S BEEN DONE TO DEATH, SO LET’S SEE IF I CAN SURPRISE YOU WITH SOME JUICY TIPS YOU HAVEN’T HEARD BEFORE.
- EPISODE 5~ FIND YOURS: Teenager finds unclaimed money, gives it to charityMY OWN FRIENDS AND FAMILY DIDN’T BELIEVE ME WHEN I STARTED ALERTING THEM TO MISSING MONEY I FOUND FOR THEM AND MANY ADULTS DON’T EVEN REALIZE UNCLAIMED MONEY IS A THING. SO I WAS INTRIGUED WHEN I HEARD ABOUT A TEENAGER WHO NOT ONLY KNOWS ABOUT UNCLAIMED MONEY, BUT ACTIVELY SEARCHES FOR IT, ALERTS PEOPLE TO WHAT SHE’S FOUND, AND HAS TURNED IT INTO A WAY OF RAISING MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE. THAT TEENAGER IS HALEY EVANS OF BROOKLINE MASSACHUSETTS. HALEY, WELCOME TO EASY MONEY.
- Episode 5~ Guest Post: Advanced Tips for Searching for Unclaimed Money by Haley EvansIn 2016, I established a charity called Found Money Charity. FMC raises money for good causes by locating unclaimed funds for people and businesses and then asking them to donate a portion of any funds they recover.
- EPISODE 4~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- Episode 4~ TOP TIP: How To Stop Debt Collectors From Calling You
DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A WAY TO STOP DEBT COLLECTORS FROM CALLING YOU EVER AGAIN? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REQUEST THEIR COMPANY NAME AND ADDRESS THE NEXT TIME THEY CALL. THEN, SEND THEM A CERTIFIED LETTER, ASKING THAT THEY NEVER CALL YOU AGAIN. BY LAW, THEY MUST OBEY YOUR WISHES! AFTER THAT, THEY CAN ONLY CONTACT YOU TO INFORM YOU OF A SPECIFIC LEGAL ACTION THEY ARE TAKING AGAINST YOU, AND THAT NOTICE WILL COME BY MAIL. AND, YES, THIS WORKS EVEN IF YOU OWE THE DEBT. PAYING IT IS YOUR
- Episode 4~ MAKE MORE: How To MAKE MONEY IN YOUR SLEEP BY CREATING ONLINE COURSES
TODAY WE’RE GONNA EXPLORE HOW TO “MAKE MORE” BY TEACHING ONLINE COURSES. THIS IS SOMETHING I’VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING MYSELF, BECAUSE I LOVE THE IDEA THAT MY COURSE CAN BE OUT THERE MAKING MONEY FOR ME WHILE I’M RIDING MY BIKE OR WINE TASTING OR PLAYING WITH MY DAUGHTER. BUT… WHILE I HEMMED AND HAWED ABOUT IT, MY NEXT GUEST WENT FOR IT. HE’S NOW ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL COURSE CREATORS ON SKILLSHARE.COM. PLEASE WELCOME JAKE
- Episode 4~ SAVE MORE BECAUSE PROPERTY TAXES ARE NOt INEVITABLE —YOU CAN APPEAL.TIME NOW TO SAVE MORE WITH EASY MONEY AND THIS ROUND WE’RE GOING TO SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THAT BY APPEALING YOUR PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT.
- Episode 4~ FIND YOURS: FIND YOUR UNCLAIMED MONEY BEINg HELD BY THE IRs.AND NOW ONTO OUR FIND YOURS TOPIC FOR THIS EPISODE AND WE’RE STICKING WITH THE TAX THEME BECAUSE I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT UNCLAIMED MONEY HELD BY THE IRS!
- Episode 4~ GUEST POST: How Can You Create Successful Online Courses?
Teaching online has become a fantastic way to build passive income, and I’ve been able to turn it into my main source of income. Here are my top 3 tips for building an audience and finding success in teaching online.
1. Commit to Creating New Content Regularly
A single class may get a great response in the first few months, and even make you a decent amount of money, but eventually enrollments are going to taper off. Posting new, high-quality courses regularly will create
- EPISODE 3~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- Episode 3~ TOP TIP: Many States Will Pay You Back If A Contractor Does Shoddy WorkHAVE YOU BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY A HOME CONTRACTOR? WELL, IF THAT CONTRACTOR WAS LICENSED, YOUR STATE MAY PAY YOU BACK!
- Episode 3~ MAKE MORE: How To MAKE Money BY RECRUITING New CO-WORKERS
TODAY I WANT TO TALK ABOUT A WAY TO “MAKE MORE” MONEY AT YOUR CURRENT JOB. I’M GOING TO FEATURE A LOT OF FREELANCERS AND ENTREPRENEURS ON EASY MONEY, BUT THERE ARE CLEVER WAYS TO MAKE MORE AT YOUR EXISTING JOB AND ONE OF THEM IS TO RECRUIT YOUR FUTURE CO-WORKERS! YES! MANY FIRMS PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES TO RECRUIT OTHER EMPLOYEES! YOU GET SOME CASH AND A COOL NEW CO-WORKER WHO YOU LIKE!
ONE FIRM THAT’S A LEADER IN PAYING BONUSES TO EMPLOYEES WHO BRING IN OTHER EMPLOYEES IS PWC, THE
- Episode 3~ SAVE MORE: SAVE Money BY DIGGING UP SECRET WARRANTIES TO GET YOUR CAR REPAIRED FOR FREEIME NOW FOR OUR ‘SAVE MORE’ SEGMENT, AND SHHHHH! IT’S A SECRET! BUT NOT FOR MUCH LONGER, BECAUSE TODAY I’M GONNA BLOW THE LID OFF OF SO-CALLED “SECRET” WARRANTIES. Secret Warranties are agreements by automakers to fix a particular problem in a particular car because that particular problem is happening in a lot of those particular cars.
- Episode 3~ FIND YOURS: FIND YOUR UNCLAIMED MONEY AND OTHER VALUABLES ABANDONED IN FORGOTTEN SAFE DEPOSIT BOXESET’S SWITCH GEARS AND TALK ABOUT OUR ‘FIND YOURS’ TOPIC FOR TODAY: NAMELY, HOW THE CONTENTS OF SAFE DEPOSIT BOXES CAN END UP AS UNCLAIMED MONEY.
- Episode 3~ GUEST BLOG: Think People First, Bonus Second, When Recruiting New Co-Workers
1) Start with the understanding that employee referral is a people business.
You’re helping people find employment, and that means you’re connected to their livelihood. It’s important and fulfilling work, but only if you take it as seriously as it deserves to be taken. You have to be genuinely concerned for the welfare of the people with whom you are working.
2) Use your network. Identify people within your network that are unemployed or
- EPISODE 2~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- Episode 2~ TOP TIP: How a Security Freeze Can Protect You From Identity TheftYOU CAN PREVENT CROOKS FROM OPENING UP FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS IN YOUR NAME BY PUTTING SECURITY FREEZES IN PLACE AT THE 3 BIG CREDIT BUREAUS, EXPERIAN, EQUIFAX AND TRANSUNION.
- Episode 2~ MAKE MORE: Should You become a surrogate mother to make money?Guest Name: Breana Guest Title: Surrogate Mother WOULD YOU BECOME A SURROGATE MOTHER —CARRY AND GIVE BIRTH TO SOMEBODY ELSE’S BABY FOR THEM— AS A WAY OF HELPING ANOTHER FAMILY AND IMPROVING YOUR OWN FAMILY’S FINANCIAL SITUATION?
- Episode 2~ SAVE MORE: How to Save Money by Using Websites That Find You the Best Cell Phone Plan for Your Calling PatternsTODAY WE’RE TALKING ABOUT HOW TO TRIM —OR BETTER YET SLASH— YOUR CELL PHONE BILL.
- Episode 2~ FIND YOURS: How to Search States Individually for Unclaimed MoneyAND NOW, IT’S TIME FOR DESSERT, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS OUR FIND YOURS SEGMENT OF THE PODCAST, ABOUT HOW TO FIND UNCLAIMED MONEY.
- Episode 2~ Guest Blog: What’s Required to Become A Surrogate Mother?
What is surrogacy?
Surrogacy is when a woman carries and gives birth to baby for someone else, usually for a woman unable to carry the child herself. This is done through advancements in reproductive technology such as artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilization/embryo transfer (IVF/ET) and other Advanced Reproductive Technologies (ART) that allow otherwise infertile couples a chance to have children. Due to advances in reproductive technology, couples now have medical means to
- EPISODE 1~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- Episode 1~ TOP TIP: How To Score Great Deals At Government AuctionsDID YOU KNOW THE GOVERNMENT AUCTIONS OFF HOMES, CARS, JEWELRY —AND MORE— CONFISCATED FROM CRIMINALS?
- Episode 1~ MAKE MORE: How To Make $30,000 a Month In a Creative Career —Even Music!DO YOU HAVE ARTISTIC TALENTS? CREATIVE TALENTS THAT YOU’VE SET ASIDE BECAUSE YOU NEEDED TO MAKE A LIVING AND DIDN’T THINK THEY WERE PRACTICAL? MAYBE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAID “STOP FOOLING AROUND AND GET A REAL JOB!” WELL, IT’S A GOOD THING MY FIRST GUEST NEVER LISTENED TO THE NEGATIVE VOICES SWIRLING AROUND HIM. BECAUSE WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR HOW HE’S MAKING MONEY AND HOW MUCH HE’S MAKING! —AND HOW YOU CAN TOO. HIS NAME IS RYAN HEENAN, AND HE’S MY FIRST EVER GUEST. RYAN, WELCOME TO EASY MONEY!
- Episode 1~ SAVE MORE: How To Save Thousands of Dollars by Refinancing Your Car LoanI WANT TO SHARE A STRATEGY THAT EVEN I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT UNTIL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO…I SAY “EVEN I” BECAUSE I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.
- Episode 1~ FIND YOURS: How To Search For Unclaimed Money in 40 States At OnceEVERY WEEK ON EASY MONEY, WE’RE GONNA TALK ABOUT HOW TO “FIND YOURS”— FIND YOUR UNCLAIMED MONEY THAT IS. THE GOVERNMENT IS HOLDING ROUGHLY 58-BILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF UNCLAIMED MONEY THAT BELONGS TO… YOU AND ME.
- Episode 1~ GUEST POST: My Top Tips for Becoming a Top Fiverr Seller
Ryan Heenan is a video and digital marketing specialist. Unlike many marketing and branding specialists who focus on one piece of a company’s marketing strategy, Ryan takes a different approach with a focus on creative marketing. From whiteboard and explainer videos to sales funnels and Facebook ads campaigns, he can help you boost your conversions and collect more leads. From Fortune 100 companies to bestselling authors to local companies, he has worked with businesses of all sizes in
- EPISODE 11~ EASY MONEY PODCAST
- GUEST BLOG ~ 12 SECRETS ABOUT AIR TRAVEL YOU MAY NOT KNOW
- EPISODE 36 ~ MAKE MORE: Side Hustle: How To Make Sure Your Side Hustle Doesn’t Conflict With Your Day Job